Thursday, October 27, 2011

Santa Signs Are Out Telling Customers He Will Be Arriving Soon!

This week I took my husband to get some things he need so we went to Walmart here in our area. There was a sign already out telling customers that Santa would arive November 6, 2011 here where we live in Maryland. I was surprised to see it as this weekend is Halloween and is the end of October. The sign made my husband start to think about will he be here for Christmas as he has stage 4 cancer. He told me he wanted to start to pick up a few things for our granddaughter as well as the kids because he may not be able to go out as it gets colder and I seen tears begin to run down his face. I asked him what was wrong and he said he didn't know if he'd be here to see the kids at Christmas. It choaked me up and I to had to hold back the tears so he didn't see me so upset. We never seem to think about these types of things till something happens to someone in your own family or a very very close friend. For the last few months as I sit at the hospital I have been making crocheted blankets for our kids and one for my granddaughter. I told Howard we can start picking things up or he could look on the computer and order something for the kids that he didn't have to worry they would have something from him. He took a breath turned and looked at me from the scooter he was in and said ok I never thought of ordering things for them online. I said yeah if you do it soon you will have everything ready and wrapped before the holidays. Lots of older people can't make their way in to the stores when it gets cold out and crowded with holiday shoppers. So shopping on line makes their life a little bit easier for them. This is also great for people that are handycapped in one way or another giving them a choice and the freedom they deserve. Happy Holidays Everyone!

No comments:

Come Holiday Shop With Us At Happy Holiday Gifts Store

With the Christmas Holiday SOON TO BE IN full swing why not shop on line today. Come into our store and enjoy your stay as we have lots to choose from here at The Happy Holiday Gift Store.